Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Greatest Trilogy Ever Made

Now there are have been many epic trilogies in the past. Immortal classic three-part movie trilogies like the Godfather, Harry Potter (although it counts as a heptology. i think i just made a word up), Star Wars parts IV-VI, and the Matrix (okay maybe not the matrix.). But none of them can stack up to the ultimate, most epic, greatest trilogy ever made in movie history: The Lord of the Rings.


Now if you haven't seen it, I don't even know what to do with you. You're only missing out on what has to be the best story ever told adapted to a beautiful three part epic that people all around the world hail as a movie masterpiece. It's so legendary, that every story that comes forth from this day forward, borrows some kind of aspect from J.R.R Tolkien's trilogy. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, The Return of the King were originally best-selling novels written by Tolkien and quickly became one of English literature's most amazing feat. Set in the world of mirth and magic, Middle-Earth is the ultimate fantasy lover's realm, combining elements of nordic mythology with celtic lore and folktales.

This is by far the best movie trilogy I have EVER seen and will EVER see. This is the movie of movies. LOTR actually got me into the whole movie business and really sparked the acting soul inside me. Prior to this film, I was likened to movies like The Flinstones or 3 Ninjas, but after seeing this, my whole mind just opened up to new horizons and I could not believe that what I was seeing was a movie. A movie of this grand scale and incredibly epic proportions blew me away and continues to up to this very day.

The plot of LOTR is probably the most universal one ever made. Anyone can relate to the struggles that the Fellowship goes through on their quest to save the world from evil. The story is perhaps the best ever told and hits on all aspects of humanity and life even in the most fictional place; that of Middle-Earth. The soundtrack of this movie is harmonic and downright beautiful. Howard Shore outdid himself by creating a soundtrack that truly coincided with the mystical yet touchingly human realm of the Lord of the Rings. The music tells a story in itself and greatly enhances the things going on screen. Not to mention, this was one of the most visually outstanding movies the world had ever seen in its time. Groundbreaking special effects, amazing cut scenes and digital animation just put the cherry on top of this already incredible movie. The acting was perhaps the most brilliant I've ever seen in the movie as everyone was at the top of their game, making people feel they were really transported into the Tolkien's world.

What I think I adore most about this movie is its personal effect on me and how its shaped the person who I am today. I know it sounds corny and kind of melodramatic but LOTR really has. I want nothing more than to be an actor and to be involved in the film industry making movies that really matter; and it all started with this. The memorable quotes and incredible, true to heart dialogue featured in the movie is one that stands the tests of time and has truly inspired me as a person. I constantly quote things from the three movies and consider myself a huge Lord of the Rings fanatic. My closest friends and family members also share this affinity towards the film and has become sort of a staple in who I can talk to the most. Continuing to find hope where hope is nowhere to be found is one of the main morals of the movie and really touches the hearts of many.

I don't know what else I can say at this point. I can go on and on if you'd let me but I'll save you the trouble and leave you from here. It truly the greatest story ever told and the greatest film trilogy ever made. Bless you J.R.R Tolkien for giving us this wonderful, timeless classic. It has truly changed the lives of many and made us appreciate the world we live in, and everything good around us.

As Master Samwise Gamgee once said in a time of hopelessness,

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.
 



I am and will always be a Lord of the Ringer. The story remains very preciousssssssss in my heart and it will continue to have a special place for as a long as I live. Frodo Lives. The White Wizard come'th. The Fellowship has not failed. And the when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer.


These are the stories that stay with us, these are the tales that really mattered.


1 comment:

  1. A great post to end your blog on. In a very real way, it is because of "The Fellowship of the Ring" movie that you had to write this assignment for my class. I was going to study accounting when I left high school, but this movie saved me from that, and after reading the book, I decided to study English instead so that I could write such stories and teach about them in lit classes.

    ReplyDelete