Sunday, October 10, 2010

Viral Videos: Japanese Game Shows

Have you ever seen a Japanese game show? If not, you are missing out on the funniest shiz ever. I don't even know what exactly is so funny about the absurdly random things they do. The thing is I don't even follow Japanese TV, I only watch random viral videos on YouTube for a good laugh. I mean who in the right mind would think a mob of 100 people running like they're about to kill simultaneously at a random person in the street, utterly hilarious? It just is! I know this isn't really much of a "movie" blog but I just thought and I would really like to see, scratch that, i would definitely see a film about Japanese game shows; just the idea of it is already starting to make me chuckle.

Here are some of my favorites:







Imagine it as a Jackass movie only in Japanese Game show form. Or better yet, a movie about the making of one and what work goes into producing one. There must be some crazy things that go on backstage that could make for pure comedic excellence.

(To whom it may concern, DO NOT STEAL MY IDEA. This is copyrighted, kind of, or at least get me on the project, because if watch a movie and see a trailer based on Japanese game shows one day, I'm gonna be PISSED.)

I personally find these shows a lot more entertaining than reality shows and other bullshit of the sort. I mean, honestly, okay it's basically stupid and non-sensical but you have to admit it is some good entertainment. And that's kind of what this blog post is really about. It's amazing how some people strive to make movie "art" or perfection, when sometimes this kind of slapstick, over the top comedy, is what people really want. We find joy in the simplest and strangest things in life; and sometimes all we need is a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, that English class one is hilarious. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, though.

    ReplyDelete