Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who is YOUR favorite actor and why?

This is more of a open forum discussion than an actual post, really, but I'm curious:


who are your guys' favorite actors / actresses?

I want to know who you think is really good and what makes them so interesting to you. They're different for everyone so the question is: What do YOU look for in a splendid acting performance?

Are they exciting to watch? Are they unpredictably amazing? Is this actor believable and truly immersive in his role? Do you admire this actor for his/her stunning looks? Are you impressed by the way this actor handles himself in society and makes for a good role model? Do you like the controversial types? Are you entranced by the types of movies these actors tend to work in? Does this actor play different roles contrasting each of his performances; making for a chameleon-like persona? These are most of the main qualities I look for in determining my favorite on-screen actors.

Now don't feel the need to pick just the ONE favorite actor. Among all these talented artists from the past and present, it can be REALLY hard choosing just one as an all-time favorite. I personally can't even make a top five list of my favorites, let alone picking my favorite one of all time! So just list some actors you admire, why you admire most about them, and what movies they've starred in that you really like. This will do two things, get to know what people like to see if my movie tastes are up to par, and to explore my horizons to different kinds of movies and actors I may not have heard of before.



SO PLEASE feel free to have at it at the comment box below.


Thank You! :)

I will leave you off with a collage of photos of some of my favorites. Enjoy.




1st Row (L-R) - James Dean, Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, Johnny Depp
2nd Row - Leonardo DiCaprio, Rachel McAdams, Tom Hanks, Robert Downey Jr
3rd Row - Ken Watanabe, Anne Hathaway, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman







1 comment:

  1. WILL SMITH! I love this guy! He can be funny or serious. He can be action oriented or a big tear jerker. I loved him in Fresh Prince of Bel Air and he was outstanding in The Pursuit of Happyness. He's a good guy all around and I admire his performances a lot. More than once he has made me shed a tear while watching him in action. The scene he had in the episode where his father returned was simply amazing. I could really connect with him in emotional level and he is my all time favorite actor. DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON! Best wrestler ever and a decent actor as well. He's not my favorite actor, but he is a great entertainer. His mic skills were incomparable to any other WWE superstar and his charismatic energy is so attractive. With all the great action he provided, he always made the audience smile, making him the "People's Champ." His performance in Gridiron Gang as the football coach of a detention center for delinquents was amazing. It had a lot of emotional impact and is filled with unique and complex characters. Like Will Smith, I think he's a great guy outside of the industry as well.

    ReplyDelete